Construction Site Superintendent- Job Description
HBI Construction Superintendents coordinate and manage all phases of on-site construction for hotel building projects in various states.
Superintendents work directly for and at the directions of staff project managers.
Superintendents should have 5 years construction experience and a basic knowledge of the common trade practices in the construction industry. Most projects follow typical residential wood frame construction building methods.
This position requires specific attention in areas of scheduling, safety, quality and job site organizational and communication skills in order to resolve job site problems.
This position is an administrative positon and the superintendent will also be expected to be compliant with all job record keeping requirements, practices and policies. All work is performed by subcontractors.
The superintendent is HBI’s on-site liaison person and must have good communication skills to deal with owners, building officials, subcontractors, office personnel, etc.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately through enforcing the company’s site safety polices and subcontractor safety policies
- Assist Project Manager in resolving worksite issues quickly and effectively in order to keep work progress on track including finding subcontractors for various trades
- Comply with all required office administration documentation: Dailey reports, safety check lists, purchase orders, weekly subcontractor goal setting and safety meetings, job schedule updates, pictures and videos, and subcontractor information requirements
- Maintain liaison with local and state building officials to ensure that all local practices and inspection requirements are fulfilled
- Maintain and schedule all material deliveries (construction and owner FF&E items)
- Directs all subcontractors to achieve completion of the project on schedule with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
- Help project manager and office staff secure needed subcontractor bids
- Obtain and maintain all pertinent on-site job records as required by local and federal agencies; OSHA accident report, equal employment, SDS sheets, etc.
- Conduct weekly goal setting and safety meetings with all on-site subcontractors
- Construction scheduling for all work phases
- Complete project take off estimates and be knowledgeable of all project requirements
- Must maintain a neat appearance at all times
- 30 hours OSHA construction safety class is required. Training will be provided.
- Good working knowledge of common construction practices, tools, terminology and safety precautions of the trade
- Ability to work well and communicate efficiently with clients, subcontractors and other team members
- Must be very well organized and systematic
- Good leadership abilities
- Must be good at troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to understand the construction documents and plans
- Competitive salary plus performance incentive program
- Allowance for lodging, food and travel
- Health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Company vehicle provided
- Accrued incentive to stay on job for scheduled travel home for weekend(s) (super subs)
To apply please send resume to HR@hospitalitybuilders.com or mail to Hospitality Builders, Inc.; 150 Knollwood Dr., Rapid City, SD 57701.
PROJECT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide overall management direction (budget, quality, scheduling) for multiple hotel construction projects in multiple states.
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy
- Maintain liaison with prime client, financial institutions and A/E contracts, to facilitate construction activities
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (draw requests, payments, and reporting) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives
- Responsible for all subcontractor and material negotiations and purchases
- Oversee total construction efforts to ensure project is constructed in accordance with project plans, specification, design, budgets and schedule
- Make frequent site inspections and coordination visit
- Must maintain a neat appearance at all times
- Help estimate and secure subcontractor and material bids for new potential projects
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
Education and experience include: prefer 4 years of construction management degree or equivalent, plus five or more years’ experience of construction, design, finance, and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Must have a thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities. Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must have 30 hour OSHA Safety course.
Reports to Senior Management. Makes decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate relationship with client and project profitability. Makes independent judgments and management decisions.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive salary and performance incentive program. Travel expenses provided. Health insurance and 401(k) retirement.
Please send your resume to HR@hospitalitybuilders.com or mail to Hospitality Builders, Inc. 150 Knollwood Dr. Rapid City, SD 57701.